Raising wool sheep can be a very profitable business to venture into. There is a constant demand for wool by the fashion industry and being able to produce the best quality wool will bring you considerably good income. Here are some things you need to know when raising wool sheep:
1. The quality and type of wool you get from raising a wool sheep varies depending on its breed. Wool is usually flame resistant and can be water or sweat absorbent or resistant. All kinds of wool can be used in a variety of products.
o The American Cormo, Delaine-Merino, Booroola Merino, Debouillet and Rambouillet are breeds that produce fine wool. Fine wool is usually used in the fashion industry to make jackets, scarves and other forms of clothing.
o On the other side, there are many other breeds of sheep that aren’t used for wool purposes.
These sheep usually shed their fur seasonally.
2. It does not need a special diet. Keeping them healthy an in the right weight will of course affect their longevity.
3. Sheering sheep is usually done by a professional but can be learned with proper training. It requires you to have them sheered. Of course the whole point of raising wool sheep is to harvest their wool; however the other purpose of sheering is so your sheep won’t be prone to heatstroke during the summer season.
What are the benefits and rewards of raising wool sheep?
1. The demand for wool has been growing steadily despite the global recession. Thus this the perfect time to endeavor in raising sheep for wool. Countries like China are big wool buyers and as of the moment there is a constant demand for wool but a deficiency in supply.
2. In some regions, wool demand is declining however, wool can be used in a variety of ways such as for absorbing oil from oil spills and is a very adaptable textile product.
3. Wool is also an in demand and profitable export product, especially now with its low supply. It benefits your country’s employment rate since sheering provides jobs for many.
4. Raising sheep with multiple objectives such as a meat and milk source can have multiple income benefits.
Are you looking for more facts on raising wool sheep? Separate yourself from the normal sheep owners who are prone to common mistakes. If you would like to acquire more facts on caring for sheep and how to raise sheep correctly, click here: www.howtoraisesheep.com