The internet and social media have really helped us be better marketers but few have payed attention to one of the oldest tools we have, the business card. From their earliest ages, business cards have been used, however many still carry cards that have nothing unique
Your Name, Address, Phone number, and company logo are just a few of the thing on your car. I want to ask you though, is it important to your customer? Do you really need your address on it? How about if we freshen things up a bit. New picture, updated logo, and let’s encourage people to find us on Facebook
While they are an important part of today’s business, how many of the cards you get really get your attention? Are you still using a rotary phone? Well, dig out yours as it might just be a rotary phone. A few simple adjustments to what you’ve got on it will not only make you stand out, but it can even drive traffic to your business.
Let’s start with the card itself. Choose an odd shape and size. We don’t want something that’ll find a comfortable place in a stack of card. You want something that screams “read me”. These odd shapes will stick out in peoples hands and won’t find that comfort zone called – stuck in the stack.
You card should be a custom piece. Some of the cards I’ve seen over the years that have stood out have been, coins, pens, pop up, qr codes, and functional pieces. Think about the most memorable business card you’ve seen what made it different? Wood, metal, and plastic are great for being just a bit different.
Never leave the back blank. You’ve got a whole area set aside for your services. Tell the story. Why should I come see you? Free Lunch when you bring a friend will almost guarantee you some new business. Don’t stop there either, lets get a friend of of it too. Remind people to become your friend on Facebook. Then, you’ve created a real campaign
- 18 Amazingly Creative Business Cards (uphaa.com)
- The Future Of Business Cards – Video (simplyzesty.com)
- What to put on business cards? (ask.metafilter.com)
- Maximize the Impact of Two-Sided Business Card Design (idowebmarketing.com)
- Business Card Printing from Next Day Flyers (bloggingtips.com)
- Rounded Corner Business Cards Giveaway From Next Day Flyers (smashingapps.com)
- British Owned Hong Kong Based Startup PureMetalCards.com Launches Solid Gold Business Cards in a Bid to Provide the Ultimate Holiday Gift for People Who Have Everything (prweb.com)
- Impression (whatsyourprint.com)
- How to Create a QR Code in 4 Quick Steps (hubspot.com)
- Funny use of augmented reality from Japan (video) (cruc.es)
- New gapingvoid #businesscards launch with OvernightPrints.com (gapingvoid.com)
- $300 vs $99 What sounds better? (printsunnysideup.wordpress.com)
- Excellent Resource For Creating Custom Business Cards (azbusinessresource.com)
- Quick Response Codes (mis552group3blog.wordpress.com)
- How Much Printing Do I Need? (buzzdemo.wordpress.com)