(CNAs) A Certified Nursing Assistant routinely performs nursing tasks for compensation
With the health care industry showing no indicators of slowing down, jobs such as certified nursing assistants (CNAs) are increasingly in need in many states including Maryland, exactly where there is really a shortage of nurses. A Certified Nursing Assistantroutinely performs nursing tasks for compensation.
This does not include a medical assistant or someone who offers assistance with daily living activities. The CNA certification will be the basic level of nursing certification and is needed prior to any other certification or specialization in nursing is granted.
Candidates for the CNA certification in Maryland should complete a CNA training program authorized by the Maryland Board of Nursing. Program approval should happen prior to admitting students to a nursing program, and it is carried out together with the Maryland Higher Education Commission.
The Maryland Board of Nursing has a list of authorized Nursing Assistant training programs available on its website.
Out of State Training
An applicant for CNA certification in Maryland who completed nursing training outside of the state should show the training he received is similar to that needed under Maryland regulations.
The applicant must also display that his work and training background is free of any findings of patient abuse or neglect.
According towards the Maryland Board of Nursing, those who \”routinely perform nursing tasks delegated by a registered nurse or perhaps a certified practical nurse\” are needed to be certified by the Board. As of October 2006, student nurses working as nursing assistants must acquire CNA certification.
CNA certification is valid for 2 years. The cost of renewal is $40 (as of June 2010).
Along with the CNA certification, Maryland provides certifications in nursing specialties. These include Geriatric Nursing Assistant (GNA), Home Health Aide (HHA), Certified Medicine Aide (CMA) and Dialysis Technician. The needs for these specializations are available on the Maryland Board of Nursing, Nursing Assistant Certification website.
- CNA Certification Classes (thediamondringreview.com)
- How Much Does A CNA Make? (celebritynetworth.com)
- Prepare for the Certified Nursing Assistant Exam (thediamondringreview.com)
- CNA Training Miami (miamidesigndevelopers.com)
- Weekly Affirmation & Gratitude (thegushwalife.com)
- Approaches to Discover Far better no cost on the net CNA Courses (microphone-film.net)
- CNA Coaching On line (microphone-film.net)
- How do I renew my Nursing Assistant Certification in the state of Washington? (ask.metafilter.com)
- Is it illegal to work as a certified nurse assistant when you are an registered nurse (wiki.answers.com)
- CNA Fired After Posting Picture Of Patient On Facebook (dreamindemon.com)